Technical Services & Product Development Assistant
BORIDE Engineered Abrasives in Traverse City Michigan is seeking applicants for a first shift Technical Services & Product Development Assistant. This person will assist the engineering department with development, design and testing of new products.
A technical degree or certification and/or five years of manufacturing/production related experience is highly preferred. Must have an excellent attendance record. We offer a fun and ethical work environment with competitive pay and benefits.
- Uses grinding equipment, hand tools, testing equipment and other manufacturing tools/equipment and follows manufacturing processes
- Assists with corrective actions to solve product issues such as defects, wear and unbalance as needed and assists with implementing changes
- Verifies engineering applications by conducting tests and inspections
- Performs quality assurance tests
- Assists in documenting new product manufacturing processes and work instructions to implement in operations
- Follows procedures and methods used for recording and charting observations; uses appropriate software to record and report
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Maintains equipment and material inventory associated with product development
- Interacts with customers on technical specifications/requirements and visits customer sites to test new products occasionally
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential responsibility of every job at BORIDE
- Able to synthesize complex and/or diverse information
- Makes good observations and can articulate technical information
- Pays attention to details, is accurate, precise
- Able to effectively manage and organize multiple projects at a time
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Can lift 50 pounds
- Follows safety procedures
To apply for the position, please click here. Only qualified applicants will be considered.